Friday, December 21, 2012

Bold Reds for Your Christmas Feast



It’s four days before Christmas and it appears that everything on my list is checked off!  With the exception of wrapping a few presents, I can now shift my focus to the Christmas feast.

The menu is officially planned.  I will be serving up a scrumptious Champagne brunch with my famous sticky buns and a succulent dinner of beef tenderloin drizzled with red wine reduction served with lobster mac and bleu cheese. Pure bliss! 

Now to the most pressing question, what wine shall we open for this decadent dinner?

Surely a Napa Cab will suffice just nice, but what about a Bordeaux, Zinfandel or Malbec? Which one will it be? 

Generally speaking, 2007 was an excellent vintage for Napa Cabs and they are drinking quite well right now.  If I opt to do a cocoa rub on the tenderloin, a Zinfandel would be a perfect match. I think I am leaning toward a New World wine.  Decisions… decisions…

Here are a few of my favorite bold reds your guests are sure to love this holiday season.  I’ll save my Old World favorites for another post.
 
Some are definitely a little bit of a splurge, but it’s the holidays after all.   Most of these wines can be purchased at your local wine shop.  You may have a difficult time finding the 2007 Napa Cabs unless you order them online. I included links below for more details.  Carpe Vino!

$100 plus



Under $75



Under $50



Under $25



No comments:

Post a Comment